Plainfield Township has scheduled an adult mosquito control treatment for tonight, 7/14/22, due to the detection of West Nile Virus-positive mosquitoes in local surveillance traps.
The application will target the mosquitoes that transmit the virus, helping to preserve the health and comfort of residents and use products registered by the EPA and recommended by the CDC to combat mosquito-borne disease.
Treatment will take place between 8:30PM and 3AM.
Have questions about mosquito control applications? Our service contractor, Clarke, provides information here: https://www.clarke.com/blog/top-10-resident-questions/
Plainfield Township contracts with Clarke to provide our community with mosquito control services. Clarke’s Customer Portal allows residents in our community to sign-up to receive advance treatment notifications by email or text before a night-time mosquito control treatment is provided, as well as report nuisance mosquito activity and standing water sites. Interested residents may sign up at www.clarkeportal.com.
Residents who prefer to sign-up for treatment notifications and report nuisance mosquito activity and standing water sites via phone may do so by calling Clarke’s Resident Hotline at 800-942-2555.
Get alerts via text message or email. Sign up online at www.clarkeportal.com/hotline.
Tips to Make your Yard Mosquito Proof
- Remove old tires, tin cans, bucket or any water holding containers.
- Fill in or drain any low places (puddles, ruts) in yard
- Keep drains, ditches and culverts clear of weeds and trash so water drains properly
- Cover trash containers to keep out rain water
- Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week and store indoors when not in use
- Make sure your backyard pool is properly cared for while on vacation
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps with sand or concrete
- Change water in bird baths and plant trays at least once each week
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well-trimmed so adult mosquitoes will not hide there