Branch Pickup – Begins April 4, 2022: Last week for branch pickup will be in October, but an end date has not yet been determined.
We are proud to offer Branch Pickup beginning the first Monday in April. This program is designed to be a service to residents of Plainfield Township who receive road service provided by the Plainfield Township Highway Department.
- All branches are to be placed at the road as shown in the picture above, cut ends facing the road.
- Branches are to be six (6) inches or less in diameter.
- Large piles may take several weeks to pick up. Our crews are limited to approximately 15 minutes per pile.
- No leaves, grass, or yard waste will be picked up.
- Exceptions will be made in case of severe storm damage.
Whole Tree Removal:
- This program is not designed for residents to take down complete trees.
- The Plainfield Township Highway Department does not have the resources to handle the volume of whole tree removal.
Please note: Not all roads within the Township are under the jurisdiction of the Plainfield Township Highway Department. This makes it confusing for some residents who are trying to get information and service. If you have questions, please call 815-436-6090. Your questions will be handled, or you will be directed to the proper State, County, local City or Village agency that is responsible.
Thank you for your cooperation in our Branch Pickup Program.