THE BRANCH PICKUP PROGRAM HAS CONCLUDED FOR THE 2022 YEAR! Please see our “Leaf Pickup” Program beginning October 24th, 2022.
We are proud to offer Branch Pickup beginning the first Monday in April. This program is designed to be a service to residents of the Road District for light tree and bush trimming, and in severe storm damage situations. This program is NOT designed for entire tree and bush removal!
- All branches are to be placed at the road as shown in the picture above, cut ends facing the road.
- Branches are to be six (6) inches or less in diameter.
- Our crews are limited to approximately 10 minutes per pile. Anything longer will be picked up the following week.
- No leaves, grass, or yard waste will be picked up.
- Exceptions will be made in case of severe storm damage, where there are enough branches to become a road hazard.
Whole Tree Removal:
- This program is not designed for residents to take down complete trees.
- The Plainfield Township Highway Department does not have the resources to handle the volume of whole tree removal.
Please note: Not all roads within the Township are under the jurisdiction of the Plainfield Township Highway Department. This makes it confusing for some residents who are trying to get information and service. If you have questions, please call 815-436-6090. Your questions will be handled, or you will be directed to the proper State, County, local City or Village agency that is responsible.
Thank you for your cooperation in our Branch Pickup Program.